Westercon 72, NASFiC 2019, 1632 Minicon, and Manticon 2019 (Spikecon)
Art Show Rules (11/20/2018)
1. Fees: The convention will take 10% commission on all sales. Panels (4’x4’) are $24 each and full tables (6’x2’) are $36 each.
2. Entries must be matted, framed or otherwise ready for display. Artwork in any medium will be accepted: models, sculptures, neon, photos, computer, etc. If your work requires special handling (electricity, special lighting, etc.), you must notify us in advance.
3. All artwork must be your own. Only the Artist or her/his/their agent may sell work. Checks will be made out to the Artist, unless otherwise requested.
4. Pieces in the Art Show must have bid sheets attached. The bid sheets contain spaces for Minimum Bid and Quick Sale (QS) prices. Quick Sale allows a purchaser to preempt other bidders by paying a higher price up front. A piece may be sold via QS until there has been a regular written bid on it. Quick Sale is optional. If you do not fill in a QS price, the piece will not be eligible for quick sale.
5. Pieces with sufficient written bids will go to a voice auction. It will take 3 or 4 bids to go to auction (to be determined later, based on membership numbers).
6. Work placed in the Print Shop gets a Print Shop label rather than a bid sheet. Work in the Print Shop is sold at a fixed price (but need not be prints). It does not need to be matted (but sells better that way) and does not go to auction.
7. You may mail your art to us, or bring it in person. You don't need to be a member of the convention unless you plan to attend (which we encourage). On site artwork can be taken to the Davis Conference Center starting Thursday, July 4th, at 9:00 am MST. Mailed Artwork should arrive at least five days before the convention (06/29/2019). Do not mail your art to the hotels or the Conference Center. Send it to
Utah Fandom Organization c/o Hatcher
1125 North Main Street #6-H
Layton, Utah 84041
8. Return postage and insurance is your responsibility and you must pay it in advance. Any excess payment will be refunded to the Artist. If we have to take your postage from your sales, we will charge an additional $10 fee.
9. You may pick up your unsold pieces after the Art Auction, or pay return postage and we will return your work in your own packaging. We will ship your artwork back the first business day after the convention, using the carrier you designate. Checks will be mailed to artists one week after the convention (we can pay attending artists as you leave).
10. Award categories are Color, 3-D, and Monochrome (all you get is a ribbon). There will also be a People's Choice Award voted by attendees during the convention.
11. We reserve the right to reject any work that does not follow the rules given above, is hazardous (e.g., electric shock or spraying water) or illegal (copyright infringement or obscenity).
(Utah outlaws anything “patently offensive in the description or depiction of nudity”, where Nudity is defined as:
“(a) the showing of the human male or female genitals, pubic area, or buttocks, with less than an opaque covering;
(b) the showing of a female breast with less than an opaque covering, or any portion of the female breast below the top of the areola; or
(c) the depiction of covered male genitals in a discernibly turgid state.”)
If you have questions, problems, or just want to correspond, you may contact:
Bruce M. Miller
3129 S. Decatur St.
Denver, CO 80236